Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Illustration: The Great Gatsby

A few days before The Great Gatsby premiered I watched the trailer and, not only did it make me want to watch the film right away, it also got me really inspired and so I started drawing this piece. I have been working on it on the side on and off since then. After doing some major tweaking in a few areas a couple of weeks ago, I was done. 

Then, I got busy working on sewing patterns so this illustration sat on my shelf un-scanned for a while until this morning. 

My favorite parts are definitely the chandelier and Daisy's sparkly head piece. The set and wardrobe design in this movie are ridiculously stunning. How could I have not been inspired? 


As always, this piece in up on my web shop so if you'd like to make this one your own, you can snatch a print here

8 comments:

Erin kate said...

So beautiful ! As always :)

anto said...

Thanks, Erin! It's been rather busy for me lately but we should definitely work on our collab soon :)

Dilan Dilir said...

Omg it´s perfect! The details are just amazing ♥

Erisha said...

Stellar! This movie was visually SO inspiring. Which is why all the creative people love it, haha.

Haylee said...

Words cannot even describe, I am utterly speechless. You are AMAZING. That chandelier, oh my gosh.

Melinda DiOrio said...

Wow, this is amazing! You'r very talented!

anto said...

Aww, thank you so much for the thoughtful and beautiful comment!

Bel said...

Maaaan you are insanely talented! This is just beautiful, I'm sure so many people would love this!

Rags of Love - Win a pair of London Retro Specs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...