Monday, July 29, 2013

A little update + a knitting work in progress


Happy Monday ! This past weekend was a bit unusual for me. Not because I spent the whole time working on a project - I always do that and with a smile on my face, might I add - but because said project is something that I hadn't imagined I would be doing. I mentioned it in a few comments before so it might not be a huge surprise, but I will still ask for a drum roll anyway .... I am creating a downloadable pdf pattern of the Chloe Jacket.   

Right off the bat, I knew that making a pdf pattern wasn't going to be something I would dislike, so I was eager to get started and learn all about the process. But I never anticipated how much I was going to enjoy it! There is still a long way to go but I am loving every delicious second of sewing toiles, doing fittings, digitizing the pattern, making adjustments, designing layouts, and so on. 

You must be asking yourself "what does this have to do with the knitting photos?". The connection is that I am knitting a pair of gloves for the first time (as in: fingersss!) during the little breaks that I am taking from working on the pattern. 

So, if the blog posts start becoming scarce around here, you'll know that it's precisely because I am hard at work behind the scenes.

I also mentioned in a previous post that I was redesigning the whole blog and was almost finished. Well, it's still almost finished but there is a little coding problem that I haven't been able to figure out. After I decided I was going to make the Chloe pattern I knew that I was close to having too much on my plate so I've put the redesign plans on hold for now. Who knows, maybe I might have it ready around the time I release the pattern -- but don't hold me to that, pretty please.

I wish you a great start to the week!

7 comments:

Ginger said...

Woohoo! Can't wait for the pattern! ;)

canvasofculture said...

looks beautiful already!

hannah said...

Feel free to message me about the coding problem on my contact page if you still need help with it (http://www.hellomynameishannah.com/contact), I do this kind of stuff for a living now.

nikki joy said...

That's so exciting. I've just been taught to knit for the first time and I'm looking forward to working my way up to some serious projects (as opposed to rows of knitting for the sake of knitting!)

Dilan Dilir said...

oh,knitting! I miss doing that! :D

anto said...

Thank you so much!! I've left the redesign on hold for now but I'll message you once I revisit it.

Liesl said...

What a beautiful jacket! And good luck with the gloves---I have a pair that I started but put aside because I wasn't sure I was brave enough to actually knit the fingers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...