Here's another look into my latest sewing project. I chose a beautiful navy blue gauze for the dress. This fabric was too sheer and light for the bodice so I underlined with a batiste. I had a hard time finding the perfect buttons at the stores I visited and just as I was about to give up I found a thrifted shirt around the house that had these beautiful buttons and I immediately knew they were the ones. I also had that lace lying around and I considered adding it at one point but then I changed my mind. I'm saving it for something better.
The fabric color is actually much darker than it seems in these progress photos. We can blame direct light for this one. You can see that I was sewing the collar, which went smoother than I expected.Check Back tomorrow to see the finished dress.